UV Curable Wet Offset Ink
The inks of UV0F01-series show very good adhesion on all possible closed substrates and are especially suited for metal decorating.
- Good adhesion on various substrates
- Excellent film lamination properties
- Good ‘post-curing’ rate
- Wet offset
UV CURING SPEED (with 3 lamps of 120 W/cm)
- 300 m/min or 9000 sheets/hour
(the reactivity is also influenced by the substrate, the condition of the lamps, the condition and adjustment of the reflectors, the thickness of the ink layer, colour, etc.)
SUITABLE SUBSTRATES (min. surface tension 38 dynes/cm)
- Coated metals
- High gloss paper and board
- Hard and soft vinyls (corona treated)
- Pre-treated plastic films (polyester, acetate)
Preliminary adhesion tests are recommended
AVAILABLE COLOUR SHADES
|Process colours – wet offset||IWS||ALCOHOL||NITRO||ALKALI||HEATRES. 10’|
|Base ink||IWS||ALCOHOL||NITRO||ALKALI||HEATRES. 10’|
|Yellow IWS 7||UVOF010104B||7||+||-||+||140°C|
|Yellow IWS 8||UVOF010154B||8||+||-||-||160°C|
|Yellow fast 6||UVOF010100B||6||+||+||+||220°C|
|Warm red IWS 8||UVOF010300B||8||-||-||+||200°C|
|Warm red fast 7||UVOF010302B||7||+||+||+||220°C|
|Rubine red fast 6||UVOF010400B||6||+||+||+||170°C|
|Rubine red fast 7||UVOF010402B||7||+||+||+||200°C|
|Rhodamine red fast 7||UVOF010500B||7||+||+||+||220°C|
- To improve scuff resistance of non-laminated surfaces, UV-overprint varnishing is recommended.
- UV2009, based on radical chemistry, is a perfect solution for varnishing coated metal substrates through flexo or coater unit. This varnish shows good gloss combined with good flexibility.
- Cleaning: it’s not necessary to wash the press immediately after printing. The UV0F01-series will not cure in the press and is therefore ready to use for the next day’s printing. However, the ink may start to cure in the press if sunlight or UV-light from the bulbs/UV-lamp is allowed to shine on the ink.
- Shelf life: the UV0F01-series has a 12-month shelf life guarantee. This guarantee covers 12 months from the date of manufacture (which is mentioned on the label). In order to give this guarantee, certain recommendations must be followed: the UV0F01-series should be kept on stock at temperatures between 15 – 20°C and they should not be exposed to direct sunlight or heat. If possible, store the ink in a dark room.
- Rollers: the following roller material is recommended: EPDM (Ethylene-Propylene-Diene-Monomers). EPDM rollers show excellent performance with UV-inks. They are not suitable for conventional inks, since they will swell considerably in contact with aliphatic hydrocarbons, which are used in traditional offset inks.
- Certain Metallic UV-inks may cause swelling of EPDM rollers.
- Nitrile rubber rollers show minimal swelling with UV-inks and conventional inks. Solvents such as glycol and acetates do have a tendency to make this rubber swell. Nitrile rubber is recommended when using two component metallic inks.
- Letterpress plates: the UV0F01-series can be used together with the majority of the marketed letterpress plate materials. The best results are achieved by using soft plates for solids and harder plates for line, text and process work.
- When printing on metal whereby the sheets pass through an oven, be careful to only use inks with the highest temperature resistance.
- 1 kg tins
- 3 kg tins
- 10 kg pails
- 200 kg barrels
|Fountain additive||pH 4.9||UV0004|
|Wash-up solution||for manual washing||UV0009|
|labelling and reg. free||UV0002|
Download as PDF :