These varnishes are a range of radical UV varnishes for dry offset/letterpress.
- All these varnishes can be applied wet-on-dry on water- and solvent based inks and wet-on-wet or wet-on-dry on UV inks.
- The surface tension of the cured film with non gluable varnish is < 34 mN/m and ≥ 38 mN/ m for gluable varnishes
- These varnishes are are formulated with low toxicity ingredients.
- Low in wet odour and very low odour in the cured print.
- These varnishes have a good transparency.
- These coatings are available press ready at optimal viscosity.
- These varnishes can be applied with normal letterpress plates or with blankets on an offsetpress.
- Optimal resistance properties will be obtained 24 hours after printing
|Ref.||Characteristics||Gloss||Viscosity 21°C mPa.s|
|UV3000||Standard gloss||High||10 – 15|
|UV3001||Standard matt||Low||15 – 20|
|UV3002||Primer for foil||High||10 – 15|
UV CURING SPEED
Curing speed is 200 MPM with 2 lamps of 120 Watt/cm.
The curing depends on the kind of UV curing unit (reflectors, age and power of the UV lamps, the printed ink layer thickness and the belt speed of the UV curing unit). In certain cases the flow and the gloss can be improved by passing prints under IR lamps prior to UV curing.
The adhesion of the varnish is best evaluated after 24 hours. In this time interval, a post curing effect takes place during which the varnish cools down and the UV chemical termination reaction happens, resulting in a better adhesion.
These UV varnishes are formulated free of heavy metals and comply with toy regulation EN 71/3 standard.
These varnishes are REACH compliant and free from SVHC substances (Reach annex XIV) and substances mentioned on the candidate list (last update 16122014).
Please consult the MSDS.
SHELFLIFE & STORAGE
When the UV varnish is stored between 15 and 20°C in its closed original can, shelf life will be minimum 12 months from date of manufacture.
- Rollers: the following roller material is recommended : EPDM (Ethylene-Propylene-Diene-Monomers). EPDM rollers show excellent performance with UV-inks.
- Stir well before use.
SUITABLE SUBSTRATES (min. surface tension 38 dynes/cm)
- All kinds of paper and board
- Corona treated PE-films
Preliminary adhesion tests are recommended
- 1kg tins
- 3kg tins
- 10kg pails
- 200 kg barrels
|Wash-up solution||for manual washing||UV0009|
|for automatic washing||UV0002|
Download as PDF :